Professional Development & Support
Private practise is often a lonely place with little support and various outside pressures. FACT aims to improve the quality of services that private practitioners can offer through a range of support services to professionals in private practise.
FACT provides professional development and support services to psychologists and social workers through :
- Forensic supervision and support groups once every 8 weeks;
- Therapeutic supervision and support groups once every 4 weeks;
- Individual consulting on cases as the need arises;
- Canalization of reports for statutory purposes;
- Yearly peer review of assessments (socio-emotional, pre-forensic and forensic interviews);
- And a variety of in-house trainings.
All supervision services as indicated will be registered for CPD points for social workers in order to assist social workers in obtaining the needed number of CPD points for yearly re-registration with the SACSSP.
As part of the support services that FACT offers, professionals can affiliate wit FACT and receive various support services as part of an all-inclusive package for minimal monthly fee. Various affiliation options are available. Some of the advantages of affiliating with FACT:
- Affiliates can attend one of FACT’s supervision and support groups free of charge.
- Affiliates with FACT are listed on FACTS preferred service providers data base which are made available to parents, other professionals and welfare organizations.
- Affiliates receive quarterly info on latest research, new developments in the field in the form of articles and or news letters