Socio-Emotional Assessment of Children (Part 2)22 October 2023
Nurturing Attachments Through Therapeutic Parenting22 October 2023
Forensic Investigation into allegations of abuse
CPD: 31.5 SACSSP
Please take note that successful completion of the Socio-Emotional Assessment Course is a prerequisite for this training.
In contact sessions 16 hours over 8 weeks
Online recorded sessions 20 hours over 8 weeks
This course offers delegates with a sound knowledge base on forensic investigations into allegations of sexual abuse. Course delegates are equipped with the necessary knowledge regarding sexual abuse and forensic investigations to complete a thorough forensic investigation which includes not only the assessment of the child concerned, but also a thorough collateral investigation and finalizing the process. The following aspects are covered during the course:
- Understanding sexual abuse – dynamics and theory
- Legislation pertaining to sexual abuse
- Difference between forensic work and clinical work
- Different models in forensic investigations
- Various protocols in conducting a forensic interview with the child
- Extended forensic investigation process
- Principles in questioning children and areas of inquiry in abuse disclosures
- Use of media and techniques in forensic investigations
- Finalizing the process: collateral investigation / alternative hypothesis / drawing conclusions
- Ethical and practical issues
- Report writing
The course also includes a practical component where course delegates will practice various techniques and interview protocols.
COPY RIGHT ALERT: All rights reserved. No part of this course may be reprinted or reproduced or utilized in any form or by any electronic, mechanical or other means, now known or hereafter invented, including photocopying and recording or in any information storage or retrieval system, without permission in writing from the publishers. Failure to adhere to copy right is an offence and constitutes theft of intellectual property.