Mandated Reporting & Sexual Abuse: From Legislation to Practice22 October 2023
Comprehensive Foster Parent Training22 October 2023
Introduction to Socio-Emotional Assessment
CPD: 44.5 SACSSP
In contact session, 19 hours spread over 3 months
Online recorded session 26 hours spread over 3 months
This course offers the delegate a systematic assessment model through which the child’s functioning, in all the spheres of his life, can be evaluated. Within the assessment model, the following topics are covered:
- Comprehensive observational screen of motor, perceptual and language development of the child.
- Evaluation of attachment and emotional needs of the child.
- The child’s emotional experience of his/her peer group and school.
- The child’s emotional experience of his relationship with his/her parents and siblings.
- The child’s emotional experience of his/her parent’s marriage relationship.
- Screening for possible trauma (including sexual abuse, domestic violence, alcohol abuse etc.) in the child’s life.
- Evaluation of the functioning of the child’s temperament and self-esteem.
- Evaluation of relationships that cause possible discomfort for the child.
This is a child-friendly approach where age-appropriate aids are used to obtain the necessary information. This information enables the professional to give recommendations about the use of further investigations and/or the planning of relevant therapeutic processes.
COPY RIGHT ALERT:
All rights reserved. No part of this course may be reprinted or reproduced or utilized in any form or by any electronic, mechanical, or other means, now known or hereafter invented, including photocopying and recording or in any information storage or retrieval system, without permission in writing from the publishers. Failure to adhere to copy right is an offence and constitutes theft of intellectual property.